Jewish Dems roll out new round of congressional endorsements
The endorsements include 23 incumbent members of the House
The Jewish Democratic Council of America is expected to announce more than two dozen congressional endorsements today, according to a draft list shared with Jewish Insider.
The new round of endorsements includes 23 incumbent House members, including six freshman members of Congress, Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ) and two Senate challengers.
“At this critical inflection point in our nation’s history, we are helping to elect Democrats who share our values, such as fighting for social and racial justice,” JDCA executive director Halie Soifer said in a statement. “The most effective way to bring about change in our country is by electing people who share your vision for the future, and that’s exactly what JDCA is doing in 2020.”
House members included in the latest round of endorsements are:
● Rep. Adam Schiff in California’s 28th district.
● Rep. Abby Finkenauer in Iowa’s 1st district, who is being challenged by Republican Iowa State Representative Ashley Hinson.
● Rep. Abigail Spanberger in Virginia’s 7th district, who will face off against the winner of the June 23rd GOP primary.
● Rep. Ben McAdams in Utah’s 4th district, who will face the winner of the June 30th GOP primary.
● Rep. Bill Pascrell in New Jersey’s 9th district, who will face Alp Basaran and Zinovia Spezakis in the July 7 primary.
● Rep. Chris Pappas in New Hampshire’s 1st district, who will face the winner of the September 8th GOP primary.
● Rep. Conor Lamb in Pennsylvania’s 17th district, who is being challenged by Republican Sean Parnell.
● Rep. David Trone in Maryland’s 6th district, who is being challenged by Republican Neil Parrott.
● Rep. Gil Cisneros in California’s 39th district, who is in a rematch with Republican Young Kim for the seat once held by former chairman of the House Foreign Relations Committee Ed Royce (R-CA).
● Rep. Greg Stanton in Arizona’s 9th district, who will face the winner of the August 4th GOP primary.
● Rep. Jamie Raskin in Maryland’s 8th district.
● Rep. Joseph Morelle in New York’s 25th district, who is being challenged by Robin Wilt in the June 23rd primary.
● Rep. Josh Gottheimer in New Jersey’s 5th district, who is being challenged by Arati Kreibich in the July 7th primary and will face off against the GOP primary winner in the general.
● Rep. Josh Harder in California’s 10th district, who is being challenged by Republican Ted Howze.
● Rep. Kendra Horn in Oklahoma’s 5th district, who is being challenged by former candidate Tom Guild in the June 30th primary. The winner will face off against the winner of the crowded GOP primary in November.
● Rep. Lauren Underwood in Illionois’s 14th district, who is facing Republican State Sen. Jim Oberweis.
● Rep. Matt Cartwright, running in Pennsylvania’s 8th district against Republican Jim Bognet.
● Rep. Sharice Davids, who will face the winner of the August 4 GOP primary in Kansas’s 3rd district in November.
● Rep. Susie Lee, who faces Republican Daniel Rodimer in Nevada’s 3rd district.
● Rep. TJ Cox, who faces a rematch in California’s 21st district against Republican David G. Valadao, who he narrowly defeated in 2018.
● Rep. Tom O’Halleran, running for reelection in Arizona’s 1st district.
● Rep. Xochitl Torres Small, who will face Republican Yvette Herrell in New Mexico’s 2nd district.
● Gina Ortiz Jones, who is running in Texas’s 23rd district to replace outgoing Rep. Will Hurd (R-TX).
The candidates endorsed today by JDCA for the Senate are:
● Rep. Ben Ray Lujan in New Mexico, who is running to succeed outgoing Sen. Tom Udall (D-NM).
● Sen. Cory Booker in New Jersey.
● Gov. Steve Bullock in Montana, who is challenging incumbent Sen. Steve Daines (R-MT).