Pro-Israel America announces new slate of congressional endorsements
The candidates, all but one of whom are incumbents, include two Democrats and four Republicans
Washington State Dept of Transportation
Pro-Israel America, the grassroots advocacy group founded last year, has announced a new slate of congressional endorsements ahead of the November election. The group exclusively shared its list, which includes two Democrats and four Republicans, with Jewish Insider.
The six new endorsees, all incumbents except for one candidate running in an open-seat race, are:
- Rep. John Carter (R-TX), who is going up against Democrat Donna Imam in Texas’s 31st congressional district.
- Rep. Rodney Davis (R-IL), fending off a challenge from Democrat Betsy Londrigan in Illinois’s 13th district.
- Rep. Jared Golden (D-ME), who is running against Republican Dale Crafts in Maine’s 2nd congressional district.
- Marilyn Strickland, a Democratic candidate running to succeed Rep. Denny Heck (D-WA), who is retiring at the end of his term, in Washington’s 10th congressional district.
- Rep. Fred Upton (R-MI), who is competing against Democrat Jon Hoadley in Michigan’s 6th congressional district.
- Rep. Rob Wittman (R-VA), facing a challenge from Democrat Qasim Rashid in Virginia’s 1st congressional district.
“Pro-Israel America is proud to endorse Reps. Carter, Davis, Golden, Upton, and Wittman for their reelection campaigns and Marilyn Strickland as she runs in the open Washington 10th district seat,” Pro-Israel America executive director Jeff Mendelsohn told JI. “These candidates join a growing list of both Democratic and Republican pro-Israel champions who we have endorsed for elections in November. Each of these races will be very competitive, and Pro-Israel America’s grassroots members will work to support these candidates.”
In addition to the new endorsees, Pro-Israel America has backed 15 Senate candidates and 52 congressional candidates this election cycle.