Week 8 of Zoom events — who is watching what?
'The Jewish Nielsen'
As in-person convenings across the country have been rendered impossible due to the coronavirus pandemic, organizations have taken to the internet to connect with supporters and expand their reach. Since the start of the pandemic, Jewish Insider has compiled statistics, released weekly, on the webinars and online events being held across the community.
Last night, the Embassy of Israel hosted a virtual event celebrating Israel’s 72nd birthday for participants around the globe. More than 50,000 people tuned in to watch performances by David Broza, Ehud Banai, Nasrin Kadri, and others; a cooking demonstration with chef and restaurateur Michael Solomonov and cookbook author Adeena Sussman; and cameos from celebrities including Michael Douglas, Julian Edelman, Perez Hilton, astronaut Jessica Meir and “Fauda” actors Lior Raz and Rona-Lee Shimon. Because this event was held across several platforms, JI is unable to include it in this week’s ranking.
Week of May 7-14:
- 1,757 — Anti-Defamation League, 5/14: “2019 Audit of Antisemitic Incidents – The Highest level of reported incidents in decades” feat. Jonathan Greenblatt and ADL’s Center on Extremism team
- 1,601 — UJA-Federation of NY, 5/7: “Crisis to Connection: CommUnity Webinar with Dr. Ruth Westheimer” moderated by Ari Ackerman
- 1,107 — ISRAEL21c, 5/12: “As Our World Turns: Two futurists and their predictions for what’s next” feat. Nicky Blackburn, Dr. Roey Tzezana and Lior Fisher Shiloni
- 873 — American Jewish Committee, 5/8: “From Tragedy to Triumph” feat. David Harris
- 678 — Israel Action Network/JCPA/Israel Policy Forum/JCRC of DC, 5/13: “Democracy in Israel: An Analysis of the Current Political Situation” feat. Tal Shalev and Michael Koplow
- 675 — American Jewish Committee, 5/13: “Updates from Israel and the Path to Israeli-Palestinian Peace” feat. Einat Wilf
- 566 — American Jewish Committee, 5/12: “Identity Politics, Polarization, and the Collapse of the Center: The Changing Political Landscape of the United States” feat. Seth Mandel and Batya Ungar Sargon
- 483 — The Forward, 5/14: “Yihye Tov: A conversation/concert with David Broza”
- 461 — Israel Policy Forum, 5/12: “Annexation 101” feat Dr. (Col.) Shaul Arieli and Brig. Gen. (res.) Israela Oron
- 386 — American Jewish University, 5/12: “Mystical Tripping: Rabbi Akiva Takes Us to the Seventh Heaven” feat. Rabbi Bradley Shavit Artson
- 371 — American Jewish Committee, 5/11: “Transatlantic Dialogues (Part 2): Rep Brian Mast and MEP Anna Michelle Asimakopoulou”
- 370 — American Technion Society, 5/13: “Closing the Loop: Technion COVID-19 Efforts from Diagnostics to Therapeutics” feat. Josué Sznitman and Moran Bercovici
- 354 — American Jewish University, 5/13: “Swipe Right, Swipe Left: Distant Dating” feat. Seann Rad and Rabbi Adam Greenwald
- 308 — American Zionist Movement and the Israel Forever Foundation, 5/14: “The Path to Independence and Recognition: Why San Remo matters”
- 296 — Jewish National Fund-USA On Demand, 5/11: “Conversation with former Soviet Refusenik, Marina Furman”
- 275 — Hillel International, 5/14: “Hillel @ Home: A Conversation With Bari Weiss”
- 244 — American Jewish University, 5/11: “The Big Picture on the Global Refugee Crisis, the Current Moment & How You Can Help” feat. HIAS and AJU President Dr. Jeffrey Herbst
- 198 — J Street, 5/14: “How Are Palestinian Leaders Responding to the Threat of Annexation?” feat. Bashar Azzeh
- 156 — Jewish National Fund-USA On Demand, 5/13: “Part 2 of a 4 part series with Nefesh B’Nefesh: Jonathan Medved on the Value of North American Aliyah”
- 127 — J Street, 5/13: “From Tragedy to Reconciliation: A conversation featuring Parents Circle – Bereaved Families Forum”
- 115 — American Jewish University, 5/13: “Leading During a Time of Extreme Uncertainty” feat. Larry Platt and Catherine Schneider
- 103 — American Jewish University, 5/14: “Connecting with Teenagers who Want Nothing to do with You” feat. Michelle Starkman, Lisa Tiano and Alisha Pedowitz
- 91 — J Street, 5/8: “Covid-19 and Native American Communities” feat. Rep. Deb Haaland
- 85 — J Street, 5/11: “Israeli Organizing During Lockdown: A Conversation featuring Standing Together”
- 53 — Consulate General of Israel in New York, 5/12: “Behind the Scenes Reporting During COVID-19” feat. Vladimir Duthiers, Tal Heinrich and Jacob Kornbluh
All figures are verified by Jewish Insider prior to publication. To be considered for future reports, email firstname.lastname@example.org