In the age of Zoom, who is watching what?
As events and conferences around the country are cancelled and postponed, Jewish organizations are pivoting to digital video platforms to engage their members. A slew of webinars and conference calls were held this week featuring authors, heads of organizations and members of Congress, many of whom focused on the ongoing coronavirus crisis.
By the numbers:
- 1633 viewers — ADL 3/26: “Fighting Hate From Home” feat. Rep. Judy Chu (D-CA), Rep. Sylvia Garcia (D-TX) and Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-FL)
- 842 — OpenDor Media 3/24: “#InThisTogether” feat. Natan Sharansky
- 761 — AJU 3/26: “Jewish Responsibility in a Time of Plague” feat. Bari Weiss and Dr. Jeffrey Herbst
- 582 — American Jewish Committee 3/26: “Israel-Diaspora Relations” feat. Steve Bayme
- 521 — American Jewish Committee 3/25: AJC CEO David Harris on the Soviet Jewry Movement
- 497 — The Forward 3/24: “The 11th Plague? Passover in a Pandemic” feat. Archie Gottesman, Joan Nathan, Abby Pogrebin, and Rabbi David Wolpe
- 493 — Hillel International 3/26: “Why Is This Passover Different Than All Others?” feat. Lord Rabbi Jonathan Sacks
- 443 — American Jewish Committee 3/24: Insights from Around the World: On the Front Lines of the Coronavirus
- 409 — J Street 3/19: “Forming a Government in the Time of COVID-19” feat. Barak Ravid
- 406 — American Jewish Committee 3/19: Israeli Response to the Coronavirus
- 385 — Israel Policy Forum 3/26: “Emergency Briefing: Political Upheaval in Israel” feat. Michael Koplow
- 328 —- American Technion Society: 3/25: “A Conversation with Prof. Asya Rolls”
- 317 — Israel Policy Forum, 3/24: “COVID and the Knesset” feat. Neri Zilber
- 266 — JDCA 3/26: “COVID-19’s Impact on National Security” feat. Rep. Elissa Slotkin, Jeremy Bash and Ned Price
- 242 — Jewish Policy Center 3/26: “Will China Rule the World When It’s Over?” feat. Dan Blumenthal
- 239 — JDCA 3/24: “Safeguarding the 2020 Vote” feat. Mark Elias
- 104 — Shmoozefest 3/23: Jewish Alliance for Law and Social Action
Editor’s note: Last updated at 11:36 a.m. on 3/27/2020.
Of note: JI has partnered with the AJC on their webcast platform. Tune in today at 1 p.m. to hear Italy’s Ambassador to the United States Armando Varricchio and AJC CEO David Harris discuss the rapid spread of COVID-19 in Italy and the stringent measures the Italian government has taken to try and slow the spread of the virus.